Unfortunately, there is no native way to reset Kodi or to remove a build and thus get Kodi back to its default state. In Kodi 17 Kripton have not added a restart option either. Anyway, there is a fairly easy way to remove a build and thus return Kodi to its original state.
By way of clarification, say that in this example we are using Kodi 17 Krypton on a Windows 10 PC, but the process should be the same on most devices that are capable of running Kodi.
Steps to remove a Kodi build
In this example we are using the Kodi Fusion repository for the process, so if you already have it added as a source, you can skip the first steps.
1. First, open Kodi and click on the Settings icon on the main page.
2. Next, click on the File Manager on the Kodi Configuration page.
3. Now in the Kodi File Manager , double-click on Add Source .
4. On the Add Source File page, click "None" on the route and change it to http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/ . Next, rename the font as "Fusion" or type the name you want.
5. Once the Fusion source is added, go to the main Kodi page and click Add-ons / Add-ons . On the Add-ons page, click on the "Add-ons Browser" icon.
6. Then click on "Install from zip file".
7. Then, from the available sources, click on "Fusion" . After this, open the "begin-here" folder. Here, simply double-click on the file "plugin.video.freshstart-1.0.5.zip" to install the Fresh Start plugin. You should receive a message to notify you that the add-on has been activated successfully.
8. Next, go to the Add-ons page and look for the Fresh Start plug-in. Execute it
9. Next, you should receive a message to ask if you really want to restore the Kodi configuration to the default configuration . Select "Yes" .
Once this is done, your Kodi configuration should be restored, and the Kodi version you had installed will be removed. You will have to restart the system or restart Kodi for the changes to take effect.
And it's a pity ...
Unfortunately, it is a pity that Kodi does not have an option to restore the default configuration. Fortunately, the aforementioned method allows you to do it with ease. To remove a Kodi build, you simply have to follow these steps and reset Kodi .